I wish I had a one size all answer to the question of when one should book their wedding photographer. I have a few openings for 2014, but at the same time, next year is booking fast. My general answer is that if you love the work that I do here I believe you should fill out the Contact Form right away and inquire about your date. I've had to turn away at least a dozen inquiries for 9/27 alone and June 14th has been off the charts too. If I have your wedding day open I will want to schedule a meeting with you so I can show you my work in person, hear all about your the day you have planned and have us get to know each other.
Here is an outline of how things usually work:
- Determine your date and your venue.
- Find a photographer that you love and find out if your date is available.
- If your date is booked I will gladly help you find someone who is a qualified professional. I strongly urge you not to go with a family friend or Facebook photographer.
- Ask lots of questions at our meeting. Do not be shy about being skeptical and please do ask to see an entire wedding that I have shot.
- A signed contract + deposit will secure your date. This can be done with a variety of payment methods in person as well as online.
- Stay in touch. I will add you to my mailing list not to spam you, but to help you stay in the loop as to what I am up to.
- We will have a chance to touch base at your engagement session and once again at a pre-wedding meeting to go over the timeline of your day.
I don't have an online calendar here as it is a lot to maintain and they sometimes don't sync correctly, etc. I can tell you that most of 2014 is gone. I do have a large gap in July. If you are still in need for that month, please contact me now. There are two dates available in August, two in October and two in November.
2015: I have 8 weddings booked already with most of June already gone. The Fall months are usually next to go. Right now the bookings are spread out for 2015. Let's set up a meeting soon so you can make a sound decision and secure your date.
I'm all fired up for warm weather and lots of wedding and engagement photography. The season has already begun and it's only going to get busier. I look forward to meeting you soon.