I'm a full time photographer and 90% of what I do is weddings in and around Northwest Indiana, Chicago and southwest Michigan. Part of the other 10% of my photography is shoots like the recent fashion session I did at one of the great wedding venues in the area, the Uptown Center in Michigan City. To see a recent wedding I've shot in this spectacular venue, go here.
For this fashion themed shoot, we not only wanted to show off the grand ballroom but also the bar / cocktail area in which I hear cool jazz playing in my head when I see it. Our lovely model Alex donned the Billowing Clouds Gown with it's sheer fabric and low cut v-neck - perfect for sipping wine and waiting on a friend.
The Billowing Clouds Gown is much like it's name - charmeuse and long layers of chiffon fabric for creating a soft flowing look. I made sure to take some shots to show off the low scoop back.
The nightclub, ballroom atmosphere of The Uptown Center was the perfect setting to break out some fog and show off our model in the midst of it. We had some old school Prince music playing in the room for inspiration.
Another outfit on display was the Scarlett Obsession - a strapless, heart shaped neckline with a deep v-cut, high waist ballgown with a monarch length train. The beaded sequined lace embellished bodice spills over onto the tulle skirt. It made for a stunning contrast against the elegance of Uptown Center. The balcony seemed like a great place to show off the venue and the train of this gown.
We finished our shoot with some window light portraits at the entrance of this upscale venue.
I hope you have enjoyed this foray into a a different type of photography other than the weddings and engagement sessions I usually feature here. Be sure to fill out the Contact Form to inquire about your wedding day photography or even your own photo shoot. And yes, these dresses (among others) are available to rent through me for engagement sessions or as part of an Intimate Portrait / Boudoir session as well.