If you take a look at the Region Weddings film page, you will notice that the term 'videographer' is not mentioned. We prefer 'filmmaker' for a variety of reasons. This is because our filmmaker John Zale shoots in a cinematic, modern style. We want you to be aware that we are interested in delivering to you a film that you and your children's children will want to watch over and over.
We want you to take a look at our video offerings, but we will gladly recommend you should we have your day booked. So lets list what you should look for when choosing your wedding videographer. At the end of this list, please view our Region Wedding Films Trailer.
- Experience behind the camera is crucial. Film making is not easy. It's really nice that your friend is willing to follow you around on your big day with a handheld camcorder, but the results will be something you will watch once and never do so again. John has 20 years of experience in film. Let your friend enjoy the party and let us create a family heirloom for you.
- To acheive a modern cinematic look, video shot on a DSLR is the way to go. Region Weddings Films are shot exclusively on this type of equipment. An HD camcorder is a sign that your potential videographer has not kept up with the times.
- Sound will make or break your wedding film. Think about all the You Tube videos you've seen and then turned off because the sound was so bad. We believe in high quality sound.
- A bright outdoor wedding can give an amateur just as many fits as a dimly lit church. Make sure the person you hire can control the light outdoors as well as bring the light when it doesn't exist.
- Being promised 10 hours of video during a 10 hour wedding day is a major red flag. We believe in good editing so you have something that will be watched again and again without boredom.
- Being respectful and not becoming the center of attention is another trademark of an experienced filmmaker. We want you and your family and friends to be the stars of your wedding day.
Watch the wedding films trailer below and then be sure to fill out the Contact Form to see if your wedding day is available for video or photography. If not, we will gladly recommend you to another qualified professional.