Tips gleamed from an article by Debbie Bosak of *The Northwest Indiana Catholic:*
- Decide as a couple what type of wedding you envision and create a budget.
- Meet with a church pastor, minister or local lawmakers to find out about marriage requirements. Find out what paperwork you will need. A church may have many rules that need to be reflected throughout your wedding day.
- Confirm the availability of your chosen location for being married BEFORE reserving a reception hall or making invitations.
- Many churches, ministers and even reception halls have restrictions for your photographer and videographer. Find these out and bring them up at our meeting. NOTE: I can work around any of these restrictions. I just need to know in advance exactly what they are so I can put them into my notes on your wedding.
- Inquire about what decorations can be used. Depending on your location, you may find many or very little restrictions.
- Choose your music wisely and have it reflect the appropriateness of the occasion. Visit The Bride's Room for some local music choices.
- Make sure your bridal party is prompt for rehearsal. If rehearsal starts at 6, then tell them 5:30. Having them properly prepared is for the good of all.
- Submit all of your paperwork way in advance of your wedding day. No need to stress out at the last minute.
* Region Wedding is not affiliated with the NWI Catholic or any other religious or non-religious association. We respect and honor all types of faiths.*